Storm Surge Film is looking for a talented Video Editor to join our team to produce a multi-episodic documentary film series and a transmedia marketing campaign on climate adaptation, disaster resiliency, and citizen action.
We are a lean, agile, and fast growing company based in Seattle, with the majority of our production work being developed in New York, New Orleans, Tuscaloosa, AL, Joplin, MS, and other locales throughout the country.
What You’ll be Working On:
You will be working with our video producers, hosts and editing team to edit and produce interesting and engaging video content. You will be a part of a production/post-production team who are talented, experienced and good at what they do. We plan on producing content at a fast pace and you will be expected to work at this pace while always keeping a focus on quality. We also expect all members of the team to contribute creatively with fresh ideas and concepts to enhance our shows or even launch new shows.
- 3+ years’ experience with Adobe Premiere
- Solid experience using other Adobe products like Photoshop
- Adobe After Effects experience a plus
- Able to work at a fast pace, while still maintaining quality and creativity
- Experience shooting with various cameras, mics and in variety lighting and weather conditions
- Edit archival and daily flow of video content for our Vimeo and YouTube channels
- Work with team leaders to manage your daily editing/production schedule to optimize your time.
- Work with hosts/producers to fulfill their vision while also making creative suggestions of your own
- Execute any production needs like shooting in our green screen studio or assisting with a live studio shoot or on location shoot
- Work with content managers and producers to receive assets and comply with our asset management guidelines
- Suggest ways to improve the production / post production process
- Work with your team to make sure all team responsibilities are getting done on a day-to-day basis.
We are looking for video editors who love the world of documentary film production and transmedia campaign development and are looking for an editing position creating the type of content for this space.
Please don’t apply if you are a filmmaker just looking for a side job to make some extra money – these are not the type of people we want on our team. We want passionate individuals who are excited about being part of multi-year project with national ramifications.
Storm Surge Film is committed to a diverse workplace and is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references stormsurgefilm [at]gmail [dot] com by 5:00pm, Friday, June 21, 2013. No phone calls.