Disaster Preparedness, Recovery & Resiliency Resources
- AlabamaPA.org – portal for state, local, and tribal governments and certain nonprofits to request FEMA Public Assistance Grant funding to address the repair and restoration of public facilities, infrastructure, or services.
- Business Council of Alabama – Provides a listing of resources for persons or businesses needing help, and organizations or businesses offering assistance to victims of the tornadoes in Alabama.
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham – Reaches out to survivors of the April 27, 2011, tornadoes through its role of convener and grant maker, to meet long-term needs.
- Gulf Coast Energy Network – Works collaboratively with regional partners to expand the renewable energy market and develop an innovative workforce to meet our growing demand for energy.
- Gulf Coast Renewable Resources – is a full service contracting company who specializes in implementing standards of energy efficiency and ultimately the installation of renewable energy systems.
- Gulf of Mexico Sea Grant – The Sea Grant Program was founded on the Land Grant concept, consisting of university-based institutions utilizing research, outreach and education to foster understanding, wise use and stewardship of coastal and marine resources.
- Gulf Restoration Network – is committed to uniting and empowering people to protect and restore the natural resources of the Gulf Region.
- Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce – The Chamber seeks to aid many of the businesses that were destroyed during the May 22,2011 tornado, but also to attract new ones to the area.
- Joplin Tornado Info – Provides a list of resources, information & giving opportunities to help the victims of the Joplin Missouri Tornado and their families.
- Joplin Tornado Relief Services – This page is for the Americorps Volunteer Reception Center.
- Louisiana Bucket Brigade – The mission of the Louisiana Bucket Brigade is to support communities’ use of grassroots action to create informed, sustainable neighborhoods free from industrial pollution
- Project JOMO – Manufactures and installs tornado storm shelters made from recycled plastic and storm debris.
- Rebuild Tuscaloosa – Raises money & awareness for tornado victims. Funds go to organizations providing clean up, food, shelter, and emergency services.
- Recovery Alabama – Information about recovery efforts following the April 27 tornadoes.
- ServeAlabama.gov – Donate or volunteer to help the recovery effort
- Storm Education – Page for Storm Spotters/Chasers we interviewed at the one year anniversary of the Joplin Tornado
- Union of Concerned Scientists – UCS combines independent scientific research and citizen action to develop innovative, practical solutions and to secure responsible changes in government policy, corporate practices, and consumer choices.